Bilingual Russian/English Domestic Violence Advocate at Russian Oregon Social Services (ROSS)
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on November 19 by email to email@example.com; mail to EMO, 0245 SW Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, OR 97239; or fax to (503) 223-7007. EMO is an EOE.
PURPOSE: To provide effective, culturally specific services to Russian-speaking survivors of domestic violence.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the President and his/her delegates.
REPORTS TO: ROSS Program Manager
- Provide comprehensive crisis intervention services to domestic violence (DV) survivors.
- Be available, as scheduled, to respond to emergency calls during non-work hours.
- Provide case management for DV survivors that lead to emotional and economic independence and maintain comprehensive and timely case files.
- Facilitate support group meetings for DV survivors.
- Provide translation and interpretation support to DV survivors.
- Conduct outreach to the Russian speaking and Slavic community on domestic and sexual violence.
- Provide cross-cultural education to mainstream victim service providers.
- Attend staff meetings and training related to services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO).
- Willingness and ability to work with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstance, religion, culture and sexual orientation.
- High-level organization and prioritization skills and ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor.
- Skill/ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing) in English and Russian/Ukrainian.
- Knowledge of local victim service providers and social service organizations.
- Appropriate multicultural work experience with refugee populations.
- Knowledge and understanding of Russian and Slavic culture and the local Russian-speaking and Slavic population.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in social work, counseling or related field preferred; combined education and experience may be substituted.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including evening hours and weekends.
- Must be able to work independently and to meet multiple deadlines.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Must have the ability to use a computer and various software programs.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
WORK HOURS: Full time position, 40 hours per week.
SALARY RANGE: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour.
BENEFITS: All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, employee assistance program, and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
LOCATION: Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s ROSS program site, and other sites as assigned.