Do you believe that everyone deserves respect, compassion and understanding?
Do you believe that no one should be homeless and that everyone should have access to healthy nutritious food as well as the chance to graduate from high school?
Do you believe that everyone has a voice in public policy, regardless of the size of their bank account?
If you do, then you belong at Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon!
As EMO’s Grants Manager, you will work with a dedicated team of managers and staff committed to walking with the most vulnerable in our community. Through them you will meet amazing refugees and immigrants and play a part in their journey. You will talk with individuals living with HIV/AIDS determined to rebuild their lives. You will celebrate with homeless, unaccompanied students as they walk across the stage to receive their diploma. In all of this success, you will have played a crucial role.
Apply now, meet our team and begin your journey with us.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com; mail to EMO, 0245 SW Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, OR 97239; or fax to (503) 223-7007.
PURPOSE: To oversee EMO’s grants program, including grants planning and strategizing for each EMO program and CORE office, interfacing with financial team, grant writing, grant administration, reporting, acknowledgements and outreach to new foundations and government entities/opportunities.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the President and his/her delegates.
REPORTS TO: Vice President
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Develop and manage on-going strategies for successful funding of EMO programs and CORE office.
- Successfully manage a portfolio of 50 to 60 active foundation, corporate and government grants.
- Track and meet deadlines for EMO for grant proposals, quarterly and final reports.
- Work with Program Managers and Vice President to fully comprehend ongoing as well as specific challenges, barriers and needs for successful implementation of programs.
- Collaborate with program and division leaders in writing grants, follow-up reports and compliance.
- Research and maintain data needed for grants, including program quarterly reports, volunteer statistics and budgets.
- Interface regularly with financial department regarding budgets, reports and grant awards.
- Research, develop and monitor new opportunities for program funding through foundations, corporations and government entities.
- Initiate and develop organizational relationships with foundation managers and trustees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon.
- Willingness and ability to work with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstance, religion, culture and sexual orientation.
- At least five years experience in management of a multi-program grants program, grant writing, budgeting, research and reporting for private foundations. Government grants experience a plus.
- Broad knowledge of fundraising and charitable gift solicitations.
- Experience of the foundation and corporate funding environment in Oregon.
- Proficiency with Windows, MS Office and local area network systems.
- High-level organization and prioritization skills and ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor.
- Skill/ability to effectively communicate (orally and in writing).
- Tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Must have car, possess valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
- Skills/abilities and/or education/experience necessary to perform the duties of the position; bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability and interest in both short and long term planning for programs and ability to lead in developing strategic funding plans for of all aspects of EMO programs and activities.
WORK HOURS: 40 hours per week, in office.
BENEFITS: All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
LOCATION: Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s central office, and other sites as assigned.