Office Manager/Legal Assistant (SOAR Immigration Legal Services)
APPLICATION: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than August 10, 2018.
PURPOSE: To provide administrative support to SOAR Immigration Legal Services attorneys and accredited representatives.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the President and his/her delegates.
REPORTS TO: Director of Immigration Legal Services
- In coordination with the Director of Immigration Legal Services ensure compliance with policies and procedures of SOAR Legal office in both Portland and Hillsboro locations.
- Complete reports on clients served, fees received, and other items as requested.
- Responsible for accepting all client fees, writing receipts, creating reports, updating spreadsheet, keeping track of payment plans, preparing weekly deposit for EMO Central Office, etc.
- Supervise receptionist and other administrative interns.
- Conduct background checks for interns and new staff.
- Prepare all check requests for bills in timely manner and submit these to program manager and eventually EMO Central Office.
- Prepare petty cash report.
- Provide administrative support to SOAR attorneys and accredited representatives.
- Review potential client intake packages and approve them for scheduling.
- Review completed applications to ensure that all required documents have been included.
- Send mail, receive and record client mail, file all mail, and contact all clients regarding the mail.
- Create cover letters for outgoing applications and create closing letters.
- Assist with scheduling client appointments.
- Fingerprint clients, as needed.
- Provide interpretation and translation for SOAR Legal clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision, and ethics of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon.
- Willingness and ability to work with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstance, religion, culture and sexual orientation.
- Put forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when working with staff and clients.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Able to communicate fluently in English and either Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Burmese or Russian.
- Experience working with immigrants or refugees.
WORK HOURS: Full time.
SALARY: $18-$20 per hour.
BENEFITS: All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, employee assistance program, and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
LOCATION: Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s SOAR Immigration Legal Services Portland program site and other sites as assigned.