Second Home Regional Coordinator (Gresham-Barlow)
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume by 4 p.m. by June 25, 2018, to email@example.com or mail to EMO, 0245 SW Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, OR 97239.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Second Home is a community effort to provide safe and stable housing for unaccompanied students, so that they can focus on their studies, explore their gifts and talents, graduate from high school, and realize their goals and dreams for their life. The program is a partnership between our statewide nonprofit Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, the Gresham-Barlow School District, and East Metro Mediation, along with the business and faith communities, and concerned citizens.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Oversee and coordinate the operations of the Gresham-Barlow Second Home program. Recruit and support students and volunteer home providers in/near the Gresham-Barlow School District. Perform Second Home program outreach and fundraising. Network with staff from the school district, other agencies, congregations, civic organizations, and businesses to meet the needs of and support students referred to the program, raise funds, and spread awareness regarding youth homelessness and the Second Home program.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as directed by the EMO Board of Directors and EMO President.
REPORTS TO: Second Home Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Program Interns
The Regional Coordinator will oversee the operation and growth of the Gresham-Barlow Second Home program, providing support and leadership for the district and city team members; building relationships in the Gresham community; and promoting and contributing to the development and growth of the overall program.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Students, Home Providers, Second Home Program Director, School District McKinney-Vento staff and district counselors and social workers, East Metro Mediation staff, and community organizations for outreach.
- Initiate and contribute to grant writing and fundraising activities.
- Collaborate with partners in strategic planning and program development.
- Recruit volunteers, and act as support to students and home providers.
- Conduct interviews of potential volunteer home providers and students.
- Maintain financial and client-based records.
- Conduct background checks for home providers.
- Provide community outreach through speaking engagements/presentations, online and print publicity, social media, radio, etc.
- Ability to work within the mission and ethics of EMO and maintain an understanding of the services provided by the programs and projects of EMO.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in social work or two years experience in a related field.
- Training in trauma-informed care.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Embrace diversity in all forms and expressions.
- Able to work independently while maintaining a close relationship with team, supervisor and co-workers.
- Available some weekends/evenings.
- Flexible and able to manage ambiguity.
- Available to work in the Gresham area.
- Candidate must have access to reliable transportation to scattered work sites and possess valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
- Comfortable working with teenagers
- Able to pass a background check.
- Well-connected in the community.
- Experience in the nonprofit world.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Familiar with social media
- Familiar with the policies and processes of the Gresham-Barlow School District.
WORK HOURS: 20 hours per week to start with the potential to increase to 40 hours a week. Occasional work in evenings and on weekends may be required.
LOCATION: Gresham and surrounding area; some work may be done from home.
SALARY: $18 per hour.
BENEFITS: All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements. In addition, all employees are encouraged to take advantage of professional enrichment opportunities.