Refugee Resettlement Program Assistant
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume by 5 p.m. on July 3, 2018, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to EMO, 0245 SW Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, OR 97239.
PURPOSE: To provide effective reception and clerical support services for Sponsors Organized to Assist Refugees (SOAR), a program of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO), as determined by the Board of Directors and as administered by the EMO President.
REPORTS TO: SOAR Director of Refugee Resettlement
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Encouraging a spirit of hospitality, organization and friendliness within the workflow of the office.
- Efficiently and professionally answering and directing incoming telephone calls, providing callers with appropriate information and greeting and assisting clients and others who come into the office.
- Organizing and performing general administrative work, including typing, check listing and reconciliation, filing, meeting arrangement, mail processing, photocopying, errands and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintaining files of minutes, reports, correspondence and provide organization of office area.
- Assisting facilities staff in keeping reception area, shared space and conference areas, etc. neat and clean.
- Maintaining adequate level of office supplies for office.
- Maintaining and updating database mailing lists and housing vacancy list.
- Providing clerical support for Director of Refugee Resettlement and other staff as assigned.
- Participating fully and professionally in staff trainings and meetings.
- Coordination of SOAR volunteers including assisting in program planning and administration, recruitment, screening and placement, orientation and training, supervision, motivation and recognition, and evaluation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of EMO.
- Willingness and ability to work with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstance, religion, culture and sexual orientation.
- Bilingual in English and Burmese or Spanish language preferred.
- Must be able to operate telephone switch board system.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of check reconciliation procedures.
- Ability to accurately follow instructions.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Experience and/or demonstrated ability to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to occasionally lift items of approximately 25 lbs.
- Skills/abilities and/or education/experience necessary to perform the duties of the position.
- High-level organization and prioritization skills and ability to maintain a calm, professional demeanor.
- Ability to calmly handle many tasks in fast-paced office environment.
WORK HOURS: Full time position.
SALARY: $15 per hour.
BENEFITS: All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, employee assistance program, retirement savings and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
LOCATION: Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s SOAR program site (7931 NE Halsey Street, suite 314 Portland).