Updated May 18, 2017
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter and resume no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 16, 2017, to email@example.com or EMO, 0245 SW Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, OR 97239.
PURPOSE: To provide comprehensive support in the operation and implementation of EMO’s Metro HomeShare Program. Support includes assisting the program manager in all activities of the HomeShare program. Activities include, but are not limited to, daily client services, program outreach, interagency interaction and collaboration with community leaders, and promotion.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the Executive Director and his/her delegates.
HOURS: Exempt Position, 40 hours/week, full-time.
REPORTS TO: Metro HomeShare Program Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: EMO interns and volunteers
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: $16.00 per hour. All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of EMO.
- Willingness and ability to work in a respectful manner with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstances, religion, culture and sexual orientation.
- High level administrative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite on a PC platform (specifically including strong experience with MS Access).
- High-level organization and prioritization skills and ability to maintain a calm, confident, professional demeanor. Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment with grace and good humor.
- Proven track record of working with grass-roots community development organizations, communities of faith, and historically underserved communities.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a close relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Bilingual Spanish/English highly desirable.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and evidence of insurability.
- College degree required. Degree in social work or two years in social work is a plus.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for most of the client intake interviews and phone inquiries. The Program Assistant will have support from the Program Manager, interns and volunteers.
- Direct and indirect client services (e.g., respond to requests for information, provide referrals, conduct client interviews, respond to requests for matches, maintain client database and files accurately, and perform criminal background checks).
- Work alongside HomeShare Program Manager to ensure proper and consistent function of database (e.g., perform scheduled tests, communicate with IT person of any complications, understand functioning of database).
- Work in collaboration with HomeShare Program Manager for the continuous improvement on the HomeShare program.
- Assist with outreach efforts to potential and current clients, community leaders, partner agencies, government and donors.
- Provide administrative support including managing office maintenance, organizing and maintaining client files and office forms, ordering supplies and equipment, receiving and organizing office mail and receiving daily visitors.
- Assist in overseeing interns.
- Provide support and assistance to the Program Manager for all events.
- Other duties as assigned.
LOCATION: EMO’s Metro HomeShare program site and other sites as assigned.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary employees), which includes:
- sick leave
- employee trainings
- employee assistance program
Additional benefits for regular non-exempt employees in positions that are 20 hours per week or more and regular employees in exempt positions that are 0.50 FTE or more also include:
- medical insurance
- dental insurance
- disability insurance
If the position requests a cover letter and resume, they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your cover letter and resume in a PDF, Microsoft Word, Rich Text or ASCII format.
Download an Application Packet or please call (503) 221-1054 or come in to our central office (address listed at top of page). Directions to EMO.
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. People of color, women, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be observed.