Immigration Legal Services Office Manager (Temporary six months with possible extension)
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (503) 223-7007, or mail to EMO, 245 S Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, 97239. Open until filled.
PURPOSE: To provide supervision of support staff, develop and enforce policies and procedures, and provide administrative support to the Director of Immigration Legal Services.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the President and his/her delegates.
REPORTS TO: Director of Immigration Legal Services
DIRECT REPORTS: Support staff, including legal assistants and paralegals
LOCATION: EMO’s SOAR Immigration Legal Services Portland program site and other sites as needed.
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, non-exempt
BENEFITS: Salary range starts at $19.45 per hour. All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
- In coordination with the Director of Immigration Legal Services ensure compliance with policies and procedures of SOAR Legal office in both Portland and Hillsboro locations.
- Supervise support staff and other administrative interns.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Immigration Legal Services.
- Complete reports on clients served, fees received, and other items as requested.
- Financial tasks include: responsible for accepting client fees, writing receipts, creating reports, preparing check requests, preparing petty case reports, invoicing funders, keeping track of payment plans, preparing weekly deposit for EMO Central Office, etc.
- Support with grant programs and fee for service program client services.
- Provide interpretation and translation for SOAR Legal clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of EMO, and maintain an understanding of the services provided by the programs and projects of EMO.
KNOWLEDGE: Experience supervising personnel; Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products; Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
SKILLS: Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and affirm people from a wide variety of backgrounds and circumstances; especially to treat all individuals with respect and dignity; Ability to multi-task efficiently.
EFFORT: Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITY: Puts forth a courteous, friendly, helpful attitude at all times when receiving office visitors, answering the phones, and working with staff and clients.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ability to work in a respectful manner with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstances, religion, culture and sexual orientation; High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- At least two years of supervisory experience.
- Able to communicate fluently in English and either Spanish, Somali, Arabic, Burmese or Russian.
- Experience working with immigrants or refugees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be observed.