Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon's SOAR Immigration Legal Services depends on the assistance of volunteers to serve the needs of our clients. Here are some ways that you can get involved:
- Citizenship Instructor: Teach Citizenship Classes to immigrants interested in becoming U.S. Citizens.
- Citizenship Day Volunteer: Provide one-on-one assistance to low income immigrants who are eligible to apply for Citizenship. All Citizenship Day volunteers are required to attend a training prior to participation in an event.
- Interpreter/Translator: Provide translation of documents and interpretation for clients during appointments and interviews with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
- Law Students: Conduct research, interview clients and assist with case management.
- Legal Assistant: Provide administrative support to attorneys and accredited representatives.
- Pro Bono Attorney: Provide pro bono legal services to SOAR’s low income clients.
- Online Donations are safe and secure. When you donate through our website, we will not sell, trade or share your information with anyone else. Give Now
- Donations can also be mailed to Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon/SOAR Legal, Interchurch Center, 0245 SW Bancroft Street, Suite B, Portland, OR 97239. Be sure to specify that the donation is designated for SOAR Legal.
- For special and in-kind gifts, or if you have any questions, please contact our Development staff at (503) 221-1054.
Thank you for making a difference today!
862 SE Oak Street, Suite 3A
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
office hours Tuesday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
phone (503) 384-2482, ext. 200