Sponsors Organized to Assist Refugees (SOAR) resettles refugees from around the globe and assists them in their adjustment to a new life in Oregon.
Your gift will support SOAR's efforts to welcome and assist our new neighbors with temporary housing, food and support as they learn a new language, develop job skills and search for employment.
To make a financial gift to help meet emergency financial needs, please fill out the form below. SOAR also welcomes donations of household items, including:
• New linens: towels, wash cloths, sheets, warm blankets, pillows
• Household items: lamps, dishes, pots, pans, silverware (new or gently used)
• New clothing items
• Toiletries: soap, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
• Disposable diapers
Learn more about Refugee Care Collective Restart Kits below.
Refugee Care Collective Restart Kits
Most refugees arrive to the United States with next to nothing, but your congregation or faith community can help them rebuild their lives by putting together Refugee Care Collective Restart Kits.
How to build a Restart Kit:
- View the Restart Kit List and choose the one you want to build.
- Gather new items and place them in a plastic tub or box that can close. Please do not tape the container.
- Consider including a handwritten and unsealed welcome note with your kit, after reviewing our Welcome Note Tips.
- Label the top of the container with the restart kit name.
- Drop the kit off.
Restart Kits include (estimated costs in parenthesis): Personal Care ($30), Welcome ($60), Kitchen ($105-$125), Baby ($35), Bedding ($70), Bathroom ($65) and Cleaning ($50).
Please contact the EMO office (503-221-1054, email@example.com) for more information about donating a Refugee Care Collective Restart Kit. Visit RefugeeCareCollective.org for upcoming Collection Day dates and to learn more about the project. Thanks for helping us welcome refugees to Portland!
Note: The Internal Revenue Service recognizes Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon as a tax-deductible, 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Our tax identification number is 93-0625-359.