- This event has passed.
Cancelled: EMO’s Benefit Dinner & Awards Celebration
Although public health considerations mean that this year’s Benefit Dinner & Awards Celebration will be cancelled, our work carries on! At Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, we are committed to carrying out our mission to create a more just, compassionate, sustainable and peaceful world.
Proceeds from this event comprise a major portion of our annual budget. We invite everyone who would have attended to make a donation now!
Your support to EMO will ensure that we do all we can to meet the increasing needs of those affected by the pandemic. Please carefully consider what you would have spent on this year’s Benefit Dinner—tickets at $150 apiece, auction purchases, the Paddle Raise—and make a donation now to EMO in that amount or even greater. On behalf of all in our community, thank you!
And we hold up and honor our amazing 2020 awardees, whose courage, moral vision and uncompromising action have transformed our statewide community.
- Ecumenist of the Year: Antoinette Edwards, Director (retired), City of Portland Office of Youth Violence Prevention
- Rodney Page Ecumenical Service Award: Bonny Groshong, Lutheran community leader
- Peace and Justice Award: Kayse Jama, Executive Director, Unite Oregon
- Young Visionary Award: Gustavo Morales, Deputy Director, Euvalcree
- Creation Justice Award: Our Children’s Trust
- Humanitarian Award: Ben Sand, CEO, The Contingent