Join our talented team making a difference in Oregon! For nearly 50 years, Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) has been advocating for the marginalized and serving those in need. Our unique approach brings together advocacy, education and direct service. As Director of Communications, you’ll lead efforts to raise awareness of our organization and the services we provide to a wider audience.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply below.
PURPOSE: Serve as a catalyst and motivator for all organizational communication activities.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the President and their delegates.
REPORTS TO: EMO President.
DIRECT REPORTS: The communications team.
LOCATION: EMO’s central office and other sites as needed.
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt. Full time
BENEFITS: Starting at $75,367 annual pay, with increases available for education and language skills. All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance.
- Develop and implement annual organization-wide communications plan.
- Speak at houses of worship, meetings, functions, and events to promote the work of EMO.
- Initiate and maintain professional relationships with media contacts.
- Coordinate the production of all publications, materials for presentations, news releases, public statements, and media articles alongside the Associate Director of Communications and the EMO departments including, public policy, development, finance, and community ministries.
- Serve as editor of EMO’s VOICE newsletter.
- Write media releases, statements, articles, and copy for social media and websites.
- Coordinate with Development Team on all fund appeals, special events, and direct mail appeals.
- Coordinate brand development for EMO and all EMO programming.
- Envision and oversee website design and content.
- Coordinate the development and production of all social media and videos for promotion and fundraising.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the EMO president.
Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of EMO, and maintain an understanding of the services provided by the programs and projects of EMO. EMO requires all of staff to be vaccinated however medical & religious exemption requests will be considered for this position.
KNOWLEDGE: Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Experience in leadership development
; Experience with, branding and marketing non-profit development, establishing a social media presence, and videography production; Experience in print, photo, and video media; Knowledge in increasing followers on social media; Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools and applications; Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and evidence of insurability.
SKILLS: Team player; Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and affirm people from a wide variety of backgrounds and circumstances; Especially to treat all individuals with respect and dignity; Self-starter able to work with minimum supervision.
EFFORT: Demonstrated ability to develop and implement both short and long range plans; Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
RESPONSIBILITY: Demonstrated ability to work independently while maintaining a close relationship with supervisors and with the broader organization; Demonstrated ability to supervise multiple employees, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ability to work in a respectful manner with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstances, religion, culture and sexual orientation; High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Master’s degree in related field is a plus.
Second language is a plus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be observed.