TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
PURPOSE: Serve as a catalyst and motivator for all organizational development activities.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as determined by the Board of Directors, and as administered by the President and their delegates.
REPORTS TO: EMO President
DIRECT REPORTS: The Development Team.
LOCATION: EMO’s main office and other sites.
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt. Full time.
BENEFITS: Starting at $75,367 annual pay. All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more, also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
- Provide leadership for the Development Team; manage activities of Development staff and volunteers.
- Provide staff leadership to EMO Development Committee and Presidents’ Circle.
- Work closely with President and Board of Directors to oversee all donor cultivation, solicitation and presentation.
- Develop and implement annual organization-wide development plan.
- Coordinate all fund appeals, special events, and direct mail appeals.
- Lead grants team in research, writing, and management of all grants: government, foundation, private, corporate.
- Oversee Database Coordinator in managing and customizing Raiser’s Edge software to generate accurate lists for direct mail campaigns and events, and for needed list and report generation for leadership staff.
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Development, expand and maintain existing faith partner membership program.
- Initiate and maintain professional relationships with development contacts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
Ability to work within the mission, vision, and ethics of EMO, and maintain an understanding of the services provided by the programs and projects of EMO. EMO requires all of staff to be vaccinated however medical and religious exemption requests will be considered for this position.
KNOWLEDGE: Bachelor’s degree required; Comprehensive background in fundraising for nonprofit organizations; Minimum of five years demonstrated experience managing comprehensive development programs with experience in annual giving programs, corporate and foundation solicitations, grant research and writing, direct mail programs, capital campaigns, and planned giving programs; Familiarity with human service programs and government funding sources; Experience with religious institutional giving including congregations and denominational organizations; Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools and applications; Must possess valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and evidence of insurability.
SKILLS: Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and affirm people from a wide variety of backgrounds and circumstances; Treat all individuals with respect and dignity; Self-starter able to work with minimum supervision.
EFFORT: Demonstrated ability to develop and implement both short and long range plans; Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks.
RESPONSIBILITY: Demonstrated ability to work independently while maintaining a close relationship with supervisors and with the broader organization; Demonstrated ability to supervise multiple employees, manage multiple projects and meet necessary deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Ability to work in a respectful manner with people of diverse ethnicity, socio-economic circumstances, religion, culture and sexual orientation; High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Master’s degree in appropriate field a plus
Second language also a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, considers individuals for employment according to their abilities and performance. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people living with HIV are encouraged to apply.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, marital or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. All employment requirements mandated by state and federal regulations will be observed.